Nashville’s Custom Tailored Estate Plans
Estate and tax related planning should be carefully customized, regardless of the size of the client’s estate. This will guarantee the distribution of assets (according to the client’s wishes) and avoid unnecessary tax liability and excessive administrative expenses. This begins with listening – each client’s needs are unique, requiring a tailored plan to preserve assets and transfer resources for future generations with minimal tax exposure.
Just as each client’s needs are unique, a tailored plan can be put into place to preserve your assets, transfer resources to the client’s family into future generations and minimize tax exposure.
We advise clients on matters involving personal succession planning, the succession of closely-held businesses, the establishment of trust instruments for the needs of disabled or minor beneficiaries, trust instruments for the most tax effective transfers of qualified retirement plan assets, estate plans tailored for second marriages and the establishment of gifts to children, grandchildren and charities.
We assist our clients in the administration of their estate and trust by providing assistance and legal representation in several matters.
ssistance and Legal Representation
We also assist our clients in the administration of their estate and trust by providing assistance and legal representation in matters involving:
- Preparation and filing of all required documents to probate the Will;
- Management and administration of the client’s revocable living trust;
- Gathering of assets, obtaining of necessary appraisals, and proper timing and procedure of distribution of assets;
- Estate and trust tax planning;
- Preparation and filing of all required estate and trust tax returns;
- Handling claims against the estate as well as advice on pursuing funds due to the estate, including filing any court actions needed to pursue such claims; and
- Will contests and estate litigation.